Sunday, March 6, 2011

SITE GUIDE

WEEK 2  28/02/2011

Week 2 started and I was very happy because before the weekend has started our facilitator's assessed us, they assess you about the week they ask questions about what tree is that? Is the tree indigenous or not? Tell me a story about the tree? And the scientific names. And not only trees but birds, grass and mammals, so it was a lot of work in 1 week, So either you are competent or not competent... I was competent and it felt great !!

So as week 2 started with no time to loose we started with reptiles learning all about the the names and the order they are in, like in South-Africa we've got 3 types of reptiles CHELONIA, SQUAMATA, and CROCODYLIA. Chelonia animals with a shell,like a tortoise. Squamata animals with scales like snakes and lizards. Crocodylia is just basically crocodiles. We learned what type of venom there are with snakes you get your Heamotoxic your Neurotoxic and your Cytoxic.

I worked the weekend I did game drives the 1 second year always go with to to see to it that there is no mistakes. This weekend she and he said I can go alone on the game drives because I know what I am talking about so yeah now I'm alone on the game drives. I am now on 14 game drives 4 on my own, and no bad feedback. One game drive there were Indians from India after the game drive they said in their funny English thank- you you are very good and took a picture of me with the whole family... That is a good feeling now I know they can go back to India with good memory's, and a photo of their guide to show the friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment